TKXS is pleased to announce that we are now one of the eight companies comprising TELUS Agriculture, a new business unit of TELUS, dedicated to providing innovative solutions to support the agriculture industry. Together, we are on a mission to tackle one of the most significant social challenges of our generation – feeding the world, while improving food quality and safety through technology innovation and human compassion.
What does this mean for TKXS stakeholders?
Our name, service and products remain the same. We will continue doing the heavy lifting necessary, so you can keep your focus on the unique challenges of agriculture – maximizing yields, minimizing chemical use, lowering overall expenses, and addressing unforeseen weather events – to ultimately nurture and sustain our burgeoning world population. As a cornerstone of TELUS Agriculture, we will remain your trusted partner, committed to making your business more productive, more efficient and more connected than ever before.
TELUS Agriculture will rely on our expertise in collecting and connecting data. TKXS will play a crucial role in providing highly-technical solutions for manufacturers, retailers and farmers that are intuitive and easy to implement.
The biggest difference for you is that we are now backed by the strength, depth and vision of TELUS Agriculture. TKXS CEO, Thad Armbruster points out, “As TELUS Agriculture, we have more arrows in our quiver than ever before to enable these conversations. We are bringing more assets to bear to solve the challenges you are facing today.”
What other companies are part of TELUS Agriculture?
TELUS Agriculture has acquired many of the world’s most reputable ag providers, some of which you may already know:
- AFS Technologies — Florida, USA — Comprised of AFS, Exceedra and Ignition, a global leader in supply chain management, and sales and distribution
- AGIntegrated — Pennsylvania, USA — Seamless API integration
- Agrian — California, USA — Unified management platform for precision, agronomy, sustainability, analytics, and compliance
- Decisive Farming — Alberta, Canada — Precision agronomy and farm management expertise
- Farm At Hand — British Columbia, Canada — Simplified farm management software
- Muddy Boots — Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom — Farm-to-food traceability and supply chain management
- Feedlot Health Management Solutions* — Alberta, Canada — Critical insights and data-based knowledge
Who is TELUS?
TELUS (TSX: T, NYSE: TU) is a dynamic, world-leading communications and information technology company with $15.3 (CAD) billion in annual revenue and 15.7 million customer connections spanning wireless, data, IP, voice, television, entertainment, video and security, known for leveraging global-leading technology to enable remarkable human outcomes.
The fit with TKXS is a natural.“TELUS Agriculture is about enabling a digitization of the agricultural supply chain,” says Thad, “It’s what a telecom company is good at – at its roots–connecting data and linking parties together.”
Want to know more?
We encourage you to learn more about what TKXS and TELUS Agriculture are bringing to the global ag industry and how, together, we are making a commitment to everyone from seed growers to grocers to create a better flow of information across the food system.
Watch the November 12 TELUS Agriculture brand launch